31 August 2016
I am very pleased to let you know that the CAP Executive Committee has agreed to offer grants of GBP£1000 (British pounds) to two young planners to attend the CAP biennial Business Meeting and Planning for Sustainable Development Conference in Fiji on 7-10 November 2016.
Further details of the Conference and registration details are available through the Conference web site www.capconference.com.
Grant applications must be from young planners in a CAP member association. A young planner is defined as someone (of any age) who is in the first 10 years of their career as a planner. Applications must be supported by a Sponsor.
• Full Name and qualifications
• Contact details: address, email and telephone number
• Current position
• Number of years as a planning student and years working as a planner
• Name of the CAP association you are a member of
• Sponsor details (name, position and email address of person who supports your application – this person should be a member of a CAP association)
• Statement of no more than 1250 words setting out your ideas on how young planners in the Commonwealth can contribute to the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Applications must be received by Annette O’Donnell no later than 24.00 hours (UK time) on 27 September.
The two candidates with the best statements as judged by CAPs President Dyan Currie will receive the grants. Successful candidates will be notified by 4 October.
The grants can only be used towards travel, conference registration or accommodation. It is a condition of receiving the grant that each successful candidate must attend the Conference and submit a report on the Conference by the end of November for publication on the CAP web site.
The grant will only be paid once Conference registration is fully confirmed and any necessary visa obtained. If a successful applicant does not attend the Conference then the grant must be returned in full immediately.
For further information please contact Annette or myself.